The following are the questions used in each interview:
- What project or projects do you maintain and what was your motivation for creating those projects and releasing them as open source software?
- If you created any of those projects, were they meant to solve a specific problem you faced, or were they born out of a larger opportunity you saw?
- How has the project evolved since you first got involved or first released it?
- How do you spend your time on those projects? (i.e. Developing, managing the community, triaging issues, etc.)
- How would you describe the community around projects you participate in? What are your favorite and least favorite aspects?
- What keeps you involved in those projects? Do you have long-term plans for maintaining your involvement?
- What is the most important thing someone submitting an issue or patch should know?
- What’s your development environment right now?
- What was your first development environment? Do you miss anything from it?
- Where do you see the open source software community headed?