The Questions v1
The following are the questions used in each interview:
- What project do you maintain and what was your motivation for creating the project and releasing it as open source software?
- Was the project meant to solve a specific problem, or was it born out of a larger opportunity you saw?
- How has the project evolved since you first released it?
- How do you spend your time on the project? (i.e. Developing, managing the community, triaging issues, etc.)
- How would you describe the community around your project? What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of it?
- What keeps you involved in the project? Do you have long-term plans for maintaining your involvement?
- What is the most important thing someone submitting an issue or patch should know?
- What’s your development environment right now?
- What was your first development environment? Do you miss anything from it?
- Where do you see the open source software community headed?